Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter... Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough. Work as hard and as much as you want to on the things you like to do the best.
Richard P. Feynman
Hi, my names Kealan Parr. I'm a Senior Fullstack Developer at Amberlabs, with six years experience.
A few years ago I was finishing my Biology degree and had to do some basic programming for my Biological data. I ended up more interested in the programming than collecting the biological data.
I knew I had to side step into coding.
So I finished my Biology degree with a first class honours, and started working through freeCodeCamp certifications.
You can view them
Whilst I was at University, I also joined the Royal Naval Reserves and attained a foundation degree from the Chartered Management Institute in Business Administration and Management.
I then worked at bet365 on a placement for 2 years as a Junior Software Engineer, was kept on past my placement, promoted to Software Engineer and left after around 4 years there.
I also have a side business where I do paid technical writing you can learn more here
I have a collection of side projects I enjoy doing/did to learn something new:
- I transcribe images on Reddit, for visually impaired people to ensure images are accessible.
- I have a profitable side-business where I do consultancy. Primarily writing & reviewing of technical articles and software development. My articles have been viewed by more than 300,000 people with a total read time greater than 20,000 hours.
- I created a repo called "Every link I wish I had as a beginner"- which details a host of useful links and resources to help less experienced developers. This has a CRON job to run a Node script monthly, to ensure none of the links undergo link rot
- I have a personal site I keep updated with what I'm upto
- When I was first learning Go and Docker, I made a golang blog that connects to a containerised Database
- I was fascinated with Path finding algorithms, so I implemented Djikstra and A*. I then made Conways Game of Life
- DeveloperForge (where you currently are!) is updated by me, built with Vue.js
- I made a website to solve Einsteins Riddle
- As part of an interview process, I made a candidate-checker in go
Outside of work, I love to do gymnastics, play chess and read.
Thank you for reading!